FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events
Kesha Offline
Head Director

Threads: 48
Events
I've gotten a few messages about people curious about the events; so here's what you need to know so far

first the bad news,
Events we won't be doing this year (and only this year)
Gaming competitions: Why? Well, it's been a while since any popular competitive Nintendo games have been released as far as I know so it seems kinda silly to run one of these. There will be something next year though, considering all the 3DS game releases we'll be seeing.

Minigame competition: Why? Due to low turnout the past few years, we realized we need to handle this differently. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get everything to work the way we wanted this year, so the new style of minigame competitions will have to wait until next year and we just won't run one this year.

Trivia: We need a replacement for this... I think we've gone through all the questions, and we just don't have anything in mind to replace this...

next good news
Events we will be doing
Fight Night!: Done a bit differently though... we'll be dealing with this based on a who's around that night rather than pre-arranged fights where no one shows up. If booth operators don't show up we'll pit two random booths against each other and battle them in the chat.

Reviews: We'll be asking for booth reviews on the forum this year... this will be part of a new way to determine best of show- more on that later.

IRC Chat: will be open 24/7 during the event!

Livestream: There will likely be things going on here. I'll see if I can stream myself playing some games but I've run into some computer trouble so that might not happen... This'll basically be open for people to run with streaming ideas though

Radio: Back and maybe better than ever?!?!?

Booths: still around since they're the main focus of the event Cool

Workshops? I don't think any have been submitted so we might not actually see any of these

Forum discussions: I want the forum to be a bit more involved in the event so there might be some interesting topics of discussion available on the forums for those interested

Feedback: way more open to feedback this year... previous years we never really explicitly encouraged it, but I want to say if you got any ideas on how to improve the event, be sure to share them. We're always looking for ways to make this event better.

Should be lots of exciting stuff going on, so be sure to be around as much as possible during the event
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Threads: 72
RE: Events
(10-21-2011, 09:41 PM)Kesha Wrote: Livestream: There will likely be things going on here. I'll see if I can stream myself playing some games but I've run into some computer trouble so that might not happen... This'll basically be open for people to run with streaming ideas though

Workshops? I don't think any have been submitted so we might not actually see any of these

I know someone who -tried- to submit a workshop entry, so.... hopefully that'll come along.

If there's a lack of other Producers on Livestream, I'll most likely be doing "Let's Play"-esque playthroughs of the fangames.
That being said, I would like to know if anyone wants to use the Livestream in advance - again, Producer access is needed.
BTW, folks - if you guys have problems with Livestream ads, AdBlock for Firefox + Easylist is your friend.

I still haven't been told much on how the radio works here as opposed to SAGE. Are there any particular "Programs" or DJ switches?

Anyway, are there no "Special Guests" planned or anything like that?

Also, if extra events are needed, I could do a long Satellaview lecture. <_< hoohoohoo...
10-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Find
Nite Shadow Offline

Threads: 3
Come one! Come All! All this happening in the next 24 hours!

Seriously though. It sounds like fun :D
10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Find
Emperor Offline
Site Tech

Threads: 16
(10-21-2011, 10:49 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:
(10-21-2011, 09:41 PM)Kesha Wrote: Livestream: There will likely be things going on here. I'll see if I can stream myself playing some games but I've run into some computer trouble so that might not happen... This'll basically be open for people to run with streaming ideas though

I know someone who -tried- to submit a workshop entry, so.... hopefully that'll come along.

If there's a lack of other Producers on Livestream, I'll most likely be doing "Let's Play"-esque playthroughs of the fangames.
That being said, I would like to know if anyone wants to use the Livestream in advance - again, Producer access is needed.
BTW, folks - if you guys have problems with Livestream ads, AdBlock for Firefox + Easylist is your friend.

I still haven't been told much on how the radio works here as opposed to SAGE. Are there any particular "Programs" or DJ switches?

Anyway, are there no "Special Guests" planned or anything like that?

Also, if extra events are needed, I could do a long Satellaview lecture. <_< hoohoohoo...

Adam or Yoshiman might have something up their sleeves with the livestream, though I don't know if they've got things planned or not.

You say someone /tried/ to make a workshop? I'm guessing they failed then, and in that case, they should really post about the problem they had. I haven't had any in my multiple runs of that system, and I've been sitting here thinking everything's fine. Now there's only a day left and this is the first I've heard about a problem with the registrations. I can't fix problems if nobody tells me about them, and they don't magically go away.

If workshop registrations really are broken we might as well call them off at this point. One day isn't enough to fix it and have people register.

EDIT: Okay, I have confirmation that they're fine, so if this person did have an issue I'll still need to know, but workshops should work for everyone else.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2011, 01:45 PM by Emperor.)
10-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Find
DJ Yoshiman

i have no plans or anything to do with the LiveStream

radio is my baby
10-22-2011, 02:46 AM