FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling up the Workshop schedule.
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Threads: 72
Filling up the Workshop schedule.
As NCFC was drawing closer to opening, I noticed a lack of workshop registrations. Therefore, I've added some of my own.

Now, all of these don't exactly fit what "Workshops" traditionally consist of, but there is some need to have things scheduled, yes?

Do note that one of them is a Smash 3DS Tournament. Feel free to give me any suggestions regarding how to run that.

More may be incoming.
11-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Find
Pyro Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Filling up the Workshop schedule.
So does this mean that we can register planned streams as workshops?
11-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

That's part of what I did. I also arranged the schedule for one of my prize events on there.

I admit this wasn't the intended purpose of the workshop section, but I didn't want the whole thing to be empty, and I figured it'd be a good place to put anything pre-scheduled considering the site isn't yet accommodated for other ways to do that.
11-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Find
Plom510 Offline

Threads: 0
I went ahead and registered some workshops for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. My only general gripe with this is how booked Thursday and Friday are. As I have to work from the morning til the afternoon, and with the EST scheduling not helping, I do not have enough time to show as much content as possible for those 2 days. I really don't want to go on longer than what I scheduled, but is there a way to work out times with anyone else that has stuff scheduled for Thursday and Friday?
11-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Since most of that stuff is my own stuff/Simply marking due times for contest entries, I'll just shift things accordingly if necessary.
11-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Find
Guinea Offline

Threads: 5
I'd like to sign up for the Smash 3DS tournament but where would that happen?
[Image: header.png]
11-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Website Find
PJCLink Offline

Threads: 4
Can I add a workshop for webstreaming during NCFC? I'm thinking doing 30 minutes of gameplay for Netherforce Shards and 30 minutes of FAQ in regards to Netherforce Shards. My plan is to release a small dungeon demo early in day this Friday then go on stream showing off the demo and a extra if there's time, then the live FAQ (You'll see me on cam and I'll answer questions regarding Netherforce Shards) in the afternoon. Both the gameplay and FAQ will be in the afternoon. Is that okay?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I make Zelda fan fics!
11-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Find
Emperor Offline
Site Tech

Threads: 16
(11-03-2014, 06:11 AM)Guinea Wrote: I'd like to sign up for the Smash 3DS tournament but where would that happen?

There'll be a thread up later today with more details about it, including all the sign up info.

(11-03-2014, 07:12 AM)PJCLink Wrote: Can I add a workshop for webstreaming during NCFC? I'm thinking doing 30 minutes of gameplay for Netherforce Shards and 30 minutes of FAQ in regards to Netherforce Shards. My plan is to release a small dungeon demo early in day this Friday then go on stream showing off the demo and a extra if there's time, then the live FAQ (You'll see me on cam and I'll answer questions regarding Netherforce Shards) in the afternoon. Both the gameplay and FAQ will be in the afternoon. Is that okay?

That should be fine I'd think, since we have other workshops that are just streaming games. Just know that the irc audience can fluctuate a fair amount, so I'd have a backup plan for the FAQ if it ends too early.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 10:20 AM by Emperor.)
11-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Find
PJCLink Offline

(11-03-2014, 10:19 AM)Emperor Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 07:12 AM)PJCLink Wrote: Can I add a workshop for webstreaming during NCFC? I'm thinking doing 30 minutes of gameplay for Netherforce Shards and 30 minutes of FAQ in regards to Netherforce Shards. My plan is to release a small dungeon demo early in day this Friday then go on stream showing off the demo and a extra if there's time, then the live FAQ (You'll see me on cam and I'll answer questions regarding Netherforce Shards) in the afternoon. Both the gameplay and FAQ will be in the afternoon. Is that okay?

That should be fine I'd think, since we have other workshops that are just streaming games. Just know that the irc audience can fluctuate a fair amount, so I'd have a backup plan for the FAQ if it ends too early.

What kind of backup plan should I have?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I make Zelda fan fics!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 10:24 AM by PJCLink.)
11-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Find
Emperor Offline
Site Tech

(11-03-2014, 10:23 AM)PJCLink Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 10:19 AM)Emperor Wrote:

It really depends on what you want, but since you're using the stream I'd say something utilizing that, like maybe another playthrough of a new area or something else. Or you could end early, which also works.
11-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Find
PJCLink Offline

(11-03-2014, 10:28 AM)Emperor Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 10:23 AM)PJCLink Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 10:19 AM)Emperor Wrote: That should be fine I'd think, since we have other workshops that are just streaming games. Just know that the irc audience can fluctuate a fair amount, so I'd have a backup plan for the FAQ if it ends too early.

It really depends on what you want, but since you're using the stream I'd say something utilizing that, like maybe another playthrough of a new area or something else. Or you could end early, which also works.

Well, my plan for the FAQ is that I'll switch from onsceen to webcam so that people can see me when I'm answering questions cause I want the FAQ to be like how Nintendo does their interviews and stuff like that only done virtually instead of in-person. I want to know if it's okay to use webcam for the FAQ. Also, is it possible I can have my gameplay footage and FAQ both uploaded on Youtube at some point after I'm done streaming?
I make Zelda fan fics!
11-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Find
Emperor Offline
Site Tech

(11-03-2014, 10:54 AM)PJCLink Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 10:28 AM)Emperor Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 10:23 AM)PJCLink Wrote: What kind of backup plan should I have?

Well, my plan for the FAQ is that I'll switch from onsceen to webcam so that people can see me when I'm answering questions cause I want the FAQ to be like how Nintendo does their interviews and stuff like that only done virtually instead of in-person. I want to know if it's okay to use webcam for the FAQ. Also, is it possible I can have my gameplay footage and FAQ both uploaded on Youtube at some point after I'm done streaming?

Ah, I like that idea for a FAQ. Unfortunately, Kiddo will have to give you the answer to your questions, since I'm not 100% sure about the restrictions on Hitbox and how their stream archiving works.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 11:36 AM by Emperor.)
11-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

(11-03-2014, 11:36 AM)Emperor Wrote: Ah, I like that idea for a FAQ. Unfortunately, Kiddo will have to give you the answer to your questions, since I'm not 100% sure about the restrictions on Hitbox and how their stream archiving works.

The main hitbox restriction I'm concerned about would be a blanket ban on non-gaming "anime" content. They're generally looser in regard to other stuff as long as it could relate to a game, but streaming anime is a quick road to bans.

that being said, I don't expect anyone requesting to stream here to be doing that.

As for the stream archiving... right now I've been archiving them on the Hitbox channel itself, and it seems so far, so good, maybe? I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that.
11-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Find
PJCLink Offline

(11-03-2014, 04:43 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 11:36 AM)Emperor Wrote: Ah, I like that idea for a FAQ. Unfortunately, Kiddo will have to give you the answer to your questions, since I'm not 100% sure about the restrictions on Hitbox and how their stream archiving works.

The main hitbox restriction I'm concerned about would be a blanket ban on non-gaming "anime" content. They're generally looser in regard to other stuff as long as it could relate to a game, but streaming anime is a quick road to bans.

that being said, I don't expect anyone requesting to stream here to be doing that.

As for the stream archiving... right now I've been archiving them on the Hitbox channel itself, and it seems so far, so good, maybe? I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that.

So, I would be able to do webcam streaming for the FAQ part of my stream session just fine as long it's related to gaming in general like my fan-game?

Also, I noticed you've been using this new stream site just this year, what happened to the other stream site?
I make Zelda fan fics!
11-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

We moved from Hitbox due to issues with Livestream attendance overflow, basically.

(11-03-2014, 05:08 PM)PJCLink Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 04:43 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:

So, I would be able to do webcam streaming for the FAQ part of my stream session just fine as long it's related to gaming in general like my fan-game?

Also, I noticed you've been using this new stream site just this year, what happened to the other stream site?

11-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Find